Setting up your EU tax
Using this feature you can:
- Set up your EU tax
To set up your EU tax, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Shipping & Taxes > Tax Setup.
- Follow the guide below.
Note: It is your responsibility to contact local tax authorities or a certified tax advisor to ensure that you are charging the correct tax.
- Different types of VAT rates can be applied to certain goods and services
- The VAT rate varies from country to country
- For customers in your own country, your local VAT rate is charged
- For customers in other EU countries, the rate is determined by whether you exceed the registration threshold.
- The threshold is a fixed amount of money in that country's currency
- When your sales exceed the threshold amount, or if you have a significant business presence in that country, your business is required to register for local taxes
- These thresholds limitations vary from country to country.
- If you do not exceed the threshold you will be charged your local VAT rate.
- The VAT number is used to charge VAT to your customers in the EU
- Your value-added tax identification number serves to identify you and your business when you register for VAT
- Every EU country issues its own national VAT number
Note: Please contact local tax authorities to setup your VAT.
- Certain items will have different rates depending on the type of product and the country you are selling in. For example, in Ireland, children's clothes and shoes are subject to a VAT rate of 0
- Some items are tax-exempt such as gift cards
Learn more at: EU VAT rates
Warning: The sales tax must be implemented before you can assign an item tax.
- Select the Add New Sales Tax +.
- Enter the name and rate.
- Click Save.
- You can edit or delete by using the icons under Actions.
- Select the Add New Item Tax +.
- Enter the name, the parent sales tax, and the country the tax applies to.
- Click Save.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.