Configuring the menu builder
In this feature, you can:
- Add menu items to your menu
- Re-organise the menu structure
To configure the menu builder, do the following:
- Login to your WebStore Manager.
- Go to Design & Content > Menu Builder.
The menu builder is divided into two sections: Add Menu Items and Menu Structure Preview.
How to add menu items
- This panel presents all parts of your store that you can link to.
- It is from these store elements that you can select elements that you wish to appear in your menu.
- The various elements that you can add to your store are grouped (Department, Category, Subcategory, Content, Brands and Themes, Blog Content, Miscellaneous).
- Click a group and select your menu content.
- Choose the type of content you want to add: Static or Dynamic.
- Click Add Selected to add specific menu content to your menu structure on the right.
- Click Add All to add all the available content within that group to your menu structure.
Static or dynamic
- A static department is a department the will appear as a single link.
- No additional link or child categories will be generated.
- A dynamic department can generate multiple links or child categories.
- Contains a list of commonly used links such as Registries, Account Page, and the default Dynamic Store Navigation.
Dynamic store nav
- Including this in your menu is a short cut to adding all departments with all their categories and all their subcategories to your menu.
- This is dynamic menu content and therefore cannot have any children.
- This allows you to enter text into the menu that isn’t a link.
- It is useful when grouping various menu content together into logical groups.
- This will allow you to attach a URL to your menu.
- In the menu, content configuration panel is a special input called URL.
- Enter a URL to any URL on the web and the link will be displayed in your menu.
- This is useful if you want to redirect customers to your store's social media.
Note: Remember to enter a Label or the link won’t have anything to display on the menu.
- You might want a special product to be easy to find, product will create a link to a selected product on your store.
- When you add this to the menu, click Find Product to locate an item in your store.
- The link will display the product name unless you add a label.
- The Product Name, Product Code and Product ID fields will automatically complete when you click Find Product.
Blog landing page
- Add the blog landing page to let your shoppers find your blog posts and articles quickly and easily.
- This will direct your customers to their account page.
- Here they can log in or register an account.
- This page will send customers to the lists & registries page.
- Here they can select to purchase items from a registry or set up a new registry.
Note: Shoppers must have an account with the store in order to set up a registry or list.
- This menu content will allow you to insert some HTML markup directly into a menu item
- This has the potential of breaking your store so ensure you test it VERY carefully when you use it.
To rearrange your menu structure, visit: Rearranging your menu.
If you have any problems with this feature, contact our support team by opening a ticket.